KC Foodie

What to eat? I ask myself that about 100 times day because I am that much of a food whore. Especially living in Kansas City, it really seems like we have scant choices, unless you happen to be in the mood for BBQ (and I know it's blasphemous, but really I'm never in the mood for it because GASP! I don't like it). Join me on my gastronomic adventures through KC, and there will be some good eating to be done. In all seriousness, this is just to keep a log of how much of a pig I really am.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Red, Blanc, and Blue?

Blanc Burgers + Bottles is my favorite restaurant right now. I have always loved burgers, mod decor, the color white, and tragically hip denizens, so this is perfect for me. Brought to you by the people who run The Drop--although I think that partnership has ended, this place is totally sophisticated even though it looks like a Diddy party all year long. I have run into some of my most trendy acquaintances along with some very counterculture types here--it's fun for all! I have literally eaten at the Westport eatery like 10 times--and I can still fit in my skinny jeans, bitches.

My favorite is the inside out burger which is burger with blue cheese and bacon. Like, what are the chefs invading my dreams or something? I couldn't think up a better burger. The au poivre is a close second because I love the overwhelming flavor of peppercorn permeating throughout the meat. Plus I like crescents on my burger. The meatloaf burger is decent, but unforch, I like will always get the other two. Plus it is too saucy for my taste. I also like the Classic, simple, understated. The bison burger is not only tasty, but like 99% fat free. Awesome. My veg friends eat the vegetarian lentil burger, but seriously if I'm at Blanc, I want my taste buds to cohabit with meat.

The sides are equally as awesome. The sweet potato fries are my fav, but the classic fries are skinny and extra crispy, just the way I like them. The onion rings are also good, and why wouldn't they be, they're battered with Boulevard. I haven't had the truffle fries or the calamari fries--what am I, made of money? I hear they are totally bananas though. I will have to try them next time.

The best thing though is that they have lunch specials from 11-3 on the weekdays where you get a smaller version of the burger (not the inside out though, drats!), which is perfect size IMO and a side for $8. Some others would say that the best thing about the restaurant is its insane selection of bottles--spirits, tea, soda, etc--but as a person who doesn't drink that much, I just stick to the iced tea, coincidentally not bottled. There's like 200+ varieties, and my boyfriend freaks out when we go there because he can get La fin du monde, for like $5. It's more expensive at the Flying Saucer, where he usually gets it.

I've never had the milkshakes (made with Foo's!), because I feel like I'm dying of cholesterol every time I eat here. The burgers are pretty greasy and I could only imagine how my LDLs are looking. Fat, probably. They are probably looking fat. That's the one downside, damn you Blanc burger. Damn you for being so tasty.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger McBrandon said...

I especially love the Kobe Beef Burger. It is to die(t) for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home